Monday 30 April 2018

New shepherd for St George's

To St George's, Morden, on my old stamping ground of the St Helier Estate where, for seven years, I was vicar of nearby St Peter's, for the licensing of Al Wenham, the new Team Vicar in the Morden Team Ministry.

Through the CPAS patronage trust I had been involved in Al's appointment and I was very honoured to be asked by the Bishop of Kingston to preach at tonight's service.

I have known the last three vicars of St George's, and today I had particularly fond memories of Al's immediate predecessor, Les Wells, orginally a member of St Peter's, now Team Rector of Horley.

Here is the excellent new vicar of St George's (right), hot foot from Holy Trinity, Wallington, where he has been serving as their curate.

Speaking from Acts 20.13-38, the account of the Apostle Paul's farewell to the Ephesian elders, we considered the Apostle's three-fold strategy as a model for ministry: All the truth, to All the People, in All possible ways.

Al, I know has a great love for God's word, and I pray for him and the people of St George's, as they share the Good News of God's love with the people of Morden.


No comments:

Post a Comment