Sunday 4 December 2022

Fond farewells

 

What a great team to work with and what a great send off they gave us today, our last Sunday at St James & St Anne, Bermondsey. 

I've been deluged with gifts and kind words and the church bells rang for us all afternoon. 

How we shall miss them and what a privilege it has been to be a shepherd of this particular flock. 

In my last sermon I took a World Cup theme ('God Brings On a Substitute') returning to the passage from Isaiah 53 that was shared with me the night I became a Christian, which was for me like entering another world, my wardrobe into Narnia. 

If just a few people in Bermondsey have discovered a little more of the 'unsearachable riches of Christ' it has all been worthwhile. May God be praised.

 


Brother pastors: Fayia and Danny pastor the two churches that share our buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment