Monday 8 October 2018

A great big thank you

HARVEST AT ST JAMES

St James's School came to the church this morning for their School Harvest service, bringing gifts for the work of the Manna Centre at London Bridge in their work among homeless people

Here is Penny giving her talk which began with her showing the children her favourite breakfast items, and then speaking on the parables of the growing seed and the mustard seed from Mark 4.

The school were in good voice singing Autumn Days with its chorus, 'I mustn't forget to say a great big thankyou,' and I love the Sun, a favourite with key stage 1 children (I love the sun, it shines on me, God made the Sun and God made me').

We ended with a rousing chorus of a school favourite, I've seen the Golden Shine, I have Watched the Flowers Grow, with its refrain 'they were all put there for us to share by someone so divine, and if you're a friend of Jesus, you're a friend of mine.'

It's good to give thanks.

Pictured right: two Key Stage 2 children reading the Bible Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment