Wednesday 1 February 2017

The governors come to visit

It was governors' morning at St James School today. Once every term the governors spend a morning in school, touring the clasrooms and meeting the children.

Here are some of our lovely governors (above) at the feedback session at the end of the morning.

We started the morning with assembly led by me  at Alexis Street for Key Stage 2 (or the Juniors, in old money). After hearing about Abraham, the latest in our series on 'Heroes of the Faith', the children had an opportunity to question the governors, with a lively set of questions forthcoming from the floor.

Whilst the other governors toured the classrooms at Alexis St, I hot footed it to Old Jamaica Rd for Key
Stage One (the infants) assembly, where we acted out the story of Abraham from Genesis 12. Then I had the chance to visit the classrooms at OJR, (above) and in due course, I was joined by my fellow governors to see what the younger children were up to.

There were lots of good things going on led by our hardworking and dedicated staff, including PE in the hall (left). 

This morning was that teachers' nightmare - wet play - but quite a few children braved the drizzly weather to play in the playground at OJR (with St James's Church in the background).


And, in another classroom, while the children munched their mid-morning snack, the teacher read a story that had the class gripped:


Earlier - at Alexis St - in the governors question time at assembly, one of the children asked: 'Gary do you like being a governor?' I think I spoke for all the governors when I said I loved being a governor and I was very proud of St James's School. It was a good morning, so thank you to Mrs Willis and all her team.

No comments:

Post a Comment