Friday 15 July 2016

Wherever you go

Year Six Leavers singing to the school this morning
Last day of term for St James's School and the children, parents, governors, and staff came to church for our Leavers Service.

All the year 6 leavers shared a memory of their time at St James beginning with the phrase 'I will always remember....'

In my talk I said 'I will always remember my first day at secondary school.'

I spoke about what I felt as an eleven year old and what they might feel like going off to 'big school' after seven years at St James's.

I told them about Joshua and how God had said to him: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go' and I prayed that each of our children would always remember that the LORD God was with them, wherever they went' - both now and in the future.

The we sung some of our favourite songs, we said farewell and thank you to the staff members leaving, we made presentations to our leavers, and then, praying for God's blessing, we went merrilly off for the holidays, after another busy term at St James's (but not before there were lots of tears and much signing of shirts by our leaving children).

No comments:

Post a Comment