Wednesday 3 April 2019

Singing the Lord's song

Our Wednesday night course on the life of Moses came to a conclusion tonight as Jacob spoke on the Song of Moses from Exodus 15.

We saw why they wanted to sing (v1-6); what he saved them from (v7-12); and what he had saved them for (v13-18).

We rejoiced at those wonderful words in this song and marvelled again at God's plan of salvation:

I will sing to the Lord, because he has won a glorious victory

The Lord is my strong defender; he is the one who has saved me.
He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will sing about his greatness


Lord, who among the gods is like you?  Who is like you, wonderful in holiness? Who can work miracles and mighty acts like yours

 Faithful to your promise, you led the people you had rescued; by your strength you guided them to your sacred land

You bring them in and plant them on your mountain, the place that you, Lord, have chosen for your home, the Temple that you yourself have built

And from the Bible Project we saw this wonderful overview of the story of Exodus as a kind of refresher for this course:



You can view more videos from the Bible Project here

No comments:

Post a Comment