Tuesday 6 September 2016

Back to school

It was back to school today at St James's School after a long summer holiday.

The children and teachers poured into church for our beginning of term service.

Paul told us about Zaccheus, the man who had a fresh start when he met Jesus, and encouraged us all to make the very best of the fresh start of a new school term and a new school year.

We sung 'Father God I wonder' and, a key stage one favourite: Jesus love is very wonderful. (I love seeing the whole school do the actions for that one).

Mrs Willis read out the names of the new head boys and head girls, and their deputies, and we ended our service in the way we ended our end of term service, by singing a school favourite, very appropriate for the start of a new term:

One more step along the world I go,
one more step along the world I go;
from the old things to the new
keep me traveling along with you:

And it's from the old I travel to the new;
keep me traveling along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment