Tuesday 5 July 2016

Thomas and Aneal

Before I was a BermondseyVicar, I was a RedhillVicar, and it was back to my old church on Saturday for the ordination of Aneal Appadoo (left).

Aneal was a member of the congregation when I was in Redhill, but after training at theological college in north London (one of the best, but then I am biassed - I went there, too), he has come back as curate where he is doing great things.

Bermondsey readers will remember that Aneal was the speaker at one of our recent men's breakfasts at St James.

Among his many talents, Aneal turns out to be an accomplished film-maker and I was thrilled to see the video he has produced of Thomas Blumire's testimony. I have known Thomas (another member of Holy Trinity, Redhill) since he was a small boy and his story is both remarkable and moving.

In the video which you can see below, Thomas's words are interspersed with photographs he has taken and music he has himself composed. Wonderful.

Thomas Blumire - Testimony from Holy Trinity Church, Redhill on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment