Thursday 18 April 2013

The man with beautiful feet

Actually I have never looked at his feet, but I am basing the title of this post on the verse from Isaiah which says 'How beautiful are the feet of him who brings good new', because the man I'm talking about is a full-time evangelist in Bermondsey - he is, in short, a professional goodnewser.

I've just invented that word but I think it describes Paul Brown well.

Paul and I met for lunch yesterday, we've met up once before and today we bumped into each other at another meeting. He works for City Hope Church in Drummond Rd. Not only is he passionate about sharing the gospel of Christ with the people and Bermondsey, not only is he out and about making connections with people all over the place, but he is also a blogger!!!!

There are many good reasons to visit Paul Brown's blog but the section on 'the church and the working class' is a particular highlight.

Everyone knows the church in England is overwhelmingly middle class, and that it struggles to make contact with working class people. Hardly anyone cares about that. Its the scandal that doesn't scandalise the church.

But Paul does.

And he is doing something about it and he's got some good stuff to say about it and I thank God for him and for other people in Bermondsey who have the same passion and vision.




No comments:

Post a Comment